Staging and selling a home can feel daunting, but our process makes all the difference
When selling your home, it may be difficult to see your home objectively enough to stage your home for maximum buyer appeal. Your realtor should feel confident and have the resources available to transform your home from personal and cluttered to appealing and open.
When working with the Gubb Team to sell your home, we offer complimentary home staging to ensure that your home shows well in order to sell for top dollar. Read more about our selling process HERE.
- Staging your home will help it sell faster and for more! A recent study found that 95% of professionally staged homes sold on average in only 11 days and for a 17% higher price!
Here are 5 tried and true ways that we make sure your home is ready to SELL – with The Gubb Team’s stunning before and after transformations.
1. GET RID OF CLUTTER
- Clear the clutter! Even if you love to have your “stuff” on display, it does not allow buyers to see the full potential of your storage space. Organize your possessions and knick knacks into boxes (keep, donate, trash), which will also help with your move after you sell 🙂
- Remove family portraits! You want the buyer to picture their own families in the space, not yours.
- Remove excessive books and items from bookshelves, and keep coffee tables and desks clear. A good rule of thumb is to remove at least 50-75% of items.
2. COMPLETE SMALL COSMETIC RENOVATIONS
- Paint with neutral and welcoming colors in all rooms, especially bedrooms. Even though your daughter insisted on a hot pink room, it is time to paint (don’t forget to prime…) for another family to make the room their own.
- Switch out cabinet hardware, finally fix the door that hangs off the hinges, switch out your linens to more neutral choices to appear serene, sophisticated, and comfortable.
3. ADD, REMOVE, OR REARRANGE FURNITURE
- Furniture should fit the space! Buyers gravitate toward smaller furniture so they can picture open space with plenty of airflow.
- Our Gubb Team staging inventory is VAST – we can help you switch out your furniture to fit the space if necessary.
- Remove excess furniture from all rooms. You should keep enough to show the room’s function but too much will make the space seem cramped.
4. MAXIMIZE DECOR AND LIGHT
- Decoration should be minimal but tasteful. Adorn the walls with nice art or mirrors.
- No time or money to invest in hardwood floors before selling? Put an area rug over an otherwise dingy carpet: it will dress up the space and make it appear larger. (Psst – we have several in our inventory for you to use!)
- Rearrange furniture to separate the functional spaces of the room: perhaps include a sitting area and an open space.
- Include fresh flowers and open all window blinds for plenty of light. Tie back curtains to look polished and to let in the most natural light.
5. SHOWCASE EMPTY ROOMS’ POTENTIAL
- Empty spaces can feel overwhelming to buyers, but placing furniture in the space to show how they can use the room helps sell faster!
- The Gubb Team also uses VIRTUAL STAGING to promote the possibilities in all of our digital marketing materials.
Seeing our stunning before and after photos make it clear that the right staging can make a world of difference! Contact the Gubb Team about selling your home while enjoying their professional expertise to sell for top dollar.
Click here for even MORE of our staging transformations from happy clients.